Monday 20 November 2017

Harvest Monday: November 20, 2017


We've had our first snowfall of the season. Which made me think I should pick this last bit of spinach in the greenhouse. So I'm done for the winter now, nothing left to harvest.  But had a nice spinach salad for lunch (bacon, hard-boiled eggs),



I'm looking forward to seeing what other gardeners have going on this time of year at Harvest Monday hosted by Our Happy Acres.

Also just to mention my neighbour's cat.  After my kitty Sugar Ray passed last year, I thought it might be OK to have bird feeders, but my neighbour kitty (pics from last week) has recognized the buffet opportunity.  This doesn't look look good for the bird population ...




6 comments:

  1. The snow is pretty, but I'm not ready for it here. The salad sounds like a yummy use for the spinach. Our cat Ace likes to watch the birds at the feeder from inside - or do they come to watch him?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, they probably know he can't get out and they are teasing him!

      Delete
  2. Smart kitty. The snow sure is pretty, but I'm really happy I don't have to live with it. Yes, I'm a weather wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm preparing for a couple of days on the trail and I'm going to write up a couple of my dehydrated backpacking recipes so keep your eye out for a new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent, I will stay tuned. Enjoy the hike!

      Delete
  4. Yum to the spinach and that last photo is priceless!

    ReplyDelete