Monday 3 October 2016

Harvest Monday: October 3, 2016


I have not had much time in the yard this past week.  I have harvested the odd greens and such, but not enough to bother with pictures.  I did harvest the last two melons (below) and found two other large melons that should have been picked much earlier (the critters got to them before me).


So I thought I'd take the opportunity for my annual funny veg shots ... what do you think these look most like?!  I'll be linking up with Harvest Monday posts hosted by Our Happy Acres to see what other gardeners are doing this week!

And I hope to see some of your weird veg shots too!








6 comments:

  1. I love your critters! A local TV weatherman shows photos people send him of what he calls' funky fruit', though most of them are veggies. Yours would qualify for sure! I see a face on the one pepper, and legs on some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I watch too much sci-fi ... everything looks like an alien life form to me.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, you have critter problems too, it's SO frustrating. And talking of critters, those weird veggies qualify, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my critters are most likely voles. They are everywhere here!

      Delete
  3. Those melons look great - that's too bad about losing the other two but I'm sure the ones you did harvest will be savoured. Very funny veg - I would have to concur with alien life forms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the melons really were delicious!

      Delete