Saturday 21 November 2015

Harvest Saturday!


I'm heading out to Vancouver for a few days and didn't want to miss posting what I've harvested this week so posting it today.  I'll still try to link up with Our Happy Acres Harvest Monday collection to see what other gardeners are doing this week.

My single harvest is the last item from the greenhouse.  I had planted beet seeds quite a while back (wish I could remember when, but thinking at least 6-7 weeks ago) and not much was happening.  It's an unheated greenhouse and even though beets are okay with cooler temperatures, there just hasn't been enough sunshine or warmth for them to grow.

So I've harvested the greens!  I left on what little bit of beetroot there was so I'll probably cook them when I get back from the short trip ... maybe with some pasta and goat cheese (yes, definitely that's what I'll do)!


And just before signing off, I wanted to share a picture of a pie I made with leftover bits of roasted squash (butternut, acorn and sweet dumpling - it was tasty so I'll share the recipe at some point).


4 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to your squash pie recipe. I made your squash and kale tart this week, and it was so yummy! Photos will be in my upcoming Harvest Monday post. I hope you have a safe trip to Vancouver, a place I really need to visit someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a shame it is too pricey as I can't see myself ever moving back. The growing season sure is a lot longer! But I'm perfectly happy in Eastern Ontario! Glad you enjoyed the tart.

      Delete
  2. Even though I'm not a fan of beets, those beet greens look delicious - and with pasta & goat cheese...yum. Slice of squash pie for dessert...can't go wrong with a meal like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love roasted beets with goat cheese in anything!

      Delete