Tuesday 2 August 2016

Green Beans with Bacon and Hard-Boiled Egg Vinaigrette


This yummy side dish was inspired by one made now and then by Dave @ Our Happy Acres, Asparagus Mimosa.  Mimosa, as defined by my go-to culinary reference Larousse Gastranomique, is a salad (presumably dressed with some sort of vinaigrette) topped with chopped yolk of a hard-boiled egg.  So this is a quickie variation on that with the entire hard boiled egg chopped then mixed with a vinaigrette.  It's a great way to add some protein to a veggie side dish (maybe healthier without the bacon, but come on ... it's bacon!).

I used a vinaigrette I had made recently for a massaged kale salad.  But really any vinaigrette (preferably homemade) will do.  Try this link for a simple method for making your own. 

Dice one or two hard boiled eggs and stir in 2 Tbsp vinaigrette per egg.  If you are making the vinaigrette at the same time, add the eggs to the vinaigrette before shaking it together to help it combine.


Just boil the green beans (which are actually these Royal Burgundy beans from my garden that turn green when cooked) just enough so they still have a good bite to them.  Arrange on a plate and top with some pieces of cooked bacon.

Spoon over the beans and bacon and enjoy.  It's a delicious appetizer!

1 comment:

  1. Simple and delicious - my favourite type of dish. I think I'll give this a try when I pick the filet beans this week.

    ReplyDelete