Sunday 2 June 2013

A Perfect Caesar Cocktail



I recently made a quick pickled asparagus - I did not have enough to bother with the canning equipment, and with only one jarful they won't last very long anyway.  It wasn't the best I've ever made so I won't bother to share that recipe.  However, I will share my recipe for a perfect caesar cocktail with a few spears of pickled asparagus as garnish.

I had a friend once tell me that he tried to order a caesar on a flight from the U.S. and was told they only had a green salad served with the dinner.  I guess caesar's still aren't well known outside of Canada.  I much prefer the caesar to a Bloody Mary as tomato juice is too thick for my tastes.  The clam juice mixed with the tomato juice in Clamato thins it out just the right amount.


Rim a regular highball or water glass with celery salt. In the following order, add:


Ice
1 1/2 ounces vodka
1 tsp horseradish
6 ounces Clamato juice
2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco (1 dash or many - I use about 10 or so in mine)
Lime Wedge
Several spears of pickled asparagus


The lime wedge should be squeezed into the drink as well, or just add a splash of lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment