Wednesday 12 June 2013

Banana Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie

 


I managed to accomplish more garden work before 9am this morning than all day yesterday; the all-day rains gave me a good excuse to laze around and catch up on some reading.  To get today started properly, I whizzed up a quick smoothie. 

I always keep bananas in the freezer, either for this purpose or for baking banana bread.  Using frozen bananas in a smoothie means you don't need to add ice, which I find waters down the flavours.

Blend together:

1 frozen banana
1 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp honey




Sometimes I use juice instead of milk, in which case the honey is not needed unless you have a real sweet tooth.

I had not yet planted the rhubarb crowns that were given to me about a week ago.  With the ground soft from the rains, it was a perfect time to do some digging.  I didn't realize I had been given 6 crowns, so my rhubarb patch has grown substantially.  There was significant growth on some of the crowns, so I hope I planted them at the right depth; it wasn't that easy to tell. 



But that's about it for my own yard today - I am on my way to a friend's place to plant his new garden as he moves into his new home today.  He suggested the garden might not be as big as he first thought; I sure hope these plants all fit, I have enough of my own already!




No comments:

Post a Comment