Saturday 29 June 2013

Rosemary and Cheddar Biscuit Bites


I have a confession to make.  I have a slight obsession with Red Lobster biscuits.  As a non-seafood-eating vegetarian (you know, the real kind) for many years in the past, I agreed (on many occasions) to go to Red Lobster with my crab-loving friend just so I could eat those biscuits.

This recipe is not intended to be a copy; in fact, there is no garlic in these, and the RL biscuits are definitely garlicky.  However, these are similar enough to satisfy my cravings.  And I'm quite sure that the addition of a clove or two of garlic would make these even better; I just hadn't thought of it at the time.  These are super easy to make.  I use lots of rosemary - why bother using a herb if you can't taste it?

Makes about 30, but depends on the size.


Mix in a large bowl:
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking power
2 tsp kosher salt

Cut in 2/3 cup cold butter.

Lightly stir in:
3 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup old cheddar, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onion or chives
1/2 tsp ground black pepper



Pull the dough together forming a ball - add 3-6 Tbsp of milk to help the dough adhere.  Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Drop 1-2 Tbsp of dough onto the sheet (I pressed the dough down a bit to form a rough biscuit shape).  Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment