Thursday 5 June 2014

Oven-Baked Venison Sausages


My very generous friend, Rick, gave me yet another package of venison sausages.  I have always loved the way he has the sausages made but this year he switched butchers.  No worries, they are still delicious!


He also gave me some advice on how to cook them in the oven.  I usually just cook them in a pan on the stovetop: brown one side, flip and add some liquid (beer, water) and cook until liquid has cooked away and the other side has browned.  Works pretty consistently for me.

But this is a great oven baking method so you can walk away for a while and take care of other business (like watering the gardens!).


Just put the sausages, straight from frozen (how much easier can you get?!), into a baking pan or casserole dish.  Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and add some sliced onions and garlic.


Bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour.  After 45 minutes, I moved some of the onions around so the top of the sausages could brown.  Otherwise, no need to touch them at all.


I had a jar of homemade tomato sauce on hand to which I added some sliced red onions and sweet peppers.  Tossed with some cooked pasta and the sliced sausages on top.

 Mmmm ...


No comments:

Post a Comment