Tuesday 29 July 2014

Harvest Monday: July 28, 2014 ... oops, Tuesday


Harvest Monday is hosted by Daphne's Dandelions: an opportunity for gardener's to share what they have going on in their gardens this time of year.  Here is what's happening in my yard (which I was supposed to post yesterday but got waylaid).  The onions and beets above were an accidental harvest during weeding - they are definitely not big enough yet!

In addition to loads of cucumbers (still haven't gotten around to pickling them yet), I had just enough Isobel pole beans and Jeanette carrots for a healthy meal.


Lots of swiss chard still coming.


More greens ... I'll probably pull the rest of the lettuce soon, but still enjoying fresh salads for now.


As for the tomatoes, they are not very big, but I don't think I've ever had such perfectly round ones.



But most of my daily harvests look something like this ...  here I've got one of the many cukes, some more green beans, tomatoes, tomatillos, a few small jalapenos that just fell off when I brushed against them and two little raspberries!


Pop on over to Daphne's Dandelions to see what others are picking this week.



2 comments:

  1. I did some accidental harvesting when I was weeding my onions last week too. I let the crabgrass get a bit too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tomatoes..I can't wait until they start coming in at a better pace. So far, we have only been able to harvest two or three every couple of days.

    ReplyDelete