Thursday 20 August 2015

Spaghetti Squash and Tomato Sauce Casserole


It is about to start pouring rain here, so I thought I'd get a quick post in beforehand - so I can sit and look out the window.  I LOVE watching thunderstorms.

This is a recipe that I prepared about a month ago, shortly after harvesting my first of the very few spaghetti squash I've gotten from my garden.  It's quite similar to a recipe I shared last year for a spaghetti squash and swiss chard casserole.  Darn tasty!




Ingredients:
4 pound spaghetti squash, baked
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
3-4 cups tomato sauce
Cheese for topping



After baking the squash (cut in half, remove seeds, bake at 400 degrees C until tender), use a fork to pull into spaghetti-like strands.  Mix with the ricotta, egg and season with salt.











Top with your favourite tomato sauce.  I made a quickie sauce with onions, garlic and a can of tomatoes (because when I made this last month I didn't have enough tomatoes from my plants!!).  Cover with sliced or grated cheddar or mozzarella.


 

Bake the whole thing for about 30-40 minutes until the sauce and cheese is all bubbly goodness.


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great recipe. My first experience with spag squash wasn't very good, I can't remember now what went wrong - it was a long time ago before the allotment,when we used to get a local veg box delivered every week. Anyway, I've had one more recently and it was lovely, so I might try growing some, especially after seeing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete