Friday 9 August 2013

Greek Salad


I have been waiting for this single glorious red pepper to ripen just so I could have a Greek Salad - I know they are normally made with green peppers, but I don't like those very much.  This pepper is not only the first sweet pepper that I've harvested this season, it is the first sweet pepper I have harvested in several years. Last year was particularly bad: I had 17 sweet pepper plants and not a single pepper was picked (let alone a peck)!


So I have been looking forward to eating it.  And I really love Greek salads.  When I ordered Greek salad while living in Vancouver, it almost never came with lettuce.  Completely the opposite in Ontario. I prefer the without version ...



Toss together:
Chopped cucumber
Chopped pepper
Chopped tomato
Chopped or sliced red onion
Black olives
Crumbled Feta






Mix together olive oil and lemon juice (I usually use 1 part oil to 2 parts lemon), a pinch of oregano and salt to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment